CILT offers learning design services to support academics in the design and development of online and blended courses for existing and new UCT registered qualifications. Learning design is focused on finding innovative ways of engaging students in learning using pedagogies, approaches and tools which best suit the discipline and the students.
CILT has learning designers available for consultations and once-off workshops looking at:
- Course and curriculum design
- Designing student engagement activities
- Assessment design
- Course refreshing
- Vula course site design and navigation
- Reviewing current online practices
Based on availability, professional staff can also provide support on a fee-for-service basis for:
- Full course or programme development/ redesign
- Learning materials development
- Assessment design and development
CILT has experience working with various educational offerings from formal credit-bearing courses to short courses and open online courses (or MOOCs), but formal credit bearing courses are prioritised.