Welcome to PACE2018!
What is PACE2018?
PACE2018 is the first of three annual symposia held at the University of Cape Town for part-time, adjunct or contingent/casual/contract educators! Informed by research on the increasing prevalence of casualisation, globally and locally, and the potential impacts of this phenomenon on teaching through academic identity, PACE2018 has two aims:
to bring together non-permanent staff who teach with other members of the UCT community to strengthen a sense of educator identity, and
to create opportunities for PACEducators to share their teaching practices.
Who should be a part of PACE2018?
If you answer "YES" to any of the following, we'd love for you to be a part of PACE2018.
- Are you, or have you recently been, a part-time, adjunct or contingent/casual/contract educator at the University of Cape Town?
- Do you manage or support part-time, adjunct or contingent/casual/contract educators at the University of Cape Town?
- Are you interested in how casualisation is changing the higher education education environment?
But now, how can I get involved with PACE2018?
Ways to get involved in PACE2018
How can I participate in PACE2018?
We'd like to invite you make a contribution at the symposium.
Possible conference themes include:
The experience of being a non-permanent member of staff
The impact of casualisation on teaching practices
The impact of casusalisation on academic identity and/or career paths
Teaching practices and pedagogic strategies
Possible formats include:
Short academic presentations (20 min + 10 min for questions/ discussion)
Hosted discussions (45 - 60 min)
Pathways to academia (Narrative presentations)
Digital story screenings and conversations
For all other queries, please feel free to contact Shanali Govender: email@example.com or 021 650 4673.
- 14 December 2018 - Application to present at PACE 2018 Symposium closes
- 15 January 2019 - Registration for PACE 2018 Symposium closes
- 31 January 2019 - PACE 2018 Symposium