Amathuba powered by D2L's Brightspace is UCT’s new digital learning platform. The platform offers a wide range of features, in an attractive, modern, and engaging user interface. Here are some of its strengths:
- Intuitive drag-and-drop authoring for creating engaging content including audio and video.
- Powerful course templates that make it easy to get going and support a consistent course experience for students across courses.
- A rich mobile learning experience with responsive, accessible web pages and the Brightspace Pulse app which helps students stay in touch and connected with notifications, upcoming tasks, grades and course content which can be downloaded for offline access later.
- Assessment, feedback and grading features that support both flexible grading schemes.
- Student progress monitoring and analytics, with Intelligent Agents that help you target communications to students based on site activity or attainment.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Teams allows you to use the best of both platforms by including Teams meetings in Amathuba courses, and Amathuba in Teams sites, with membership synchronized between platforms.
- Amathuba is a cloud service hosted on Amazon Web Services, with a consistent 99.99% global uptime, so it’s available 24x7 when you need it.
How will courses move from Vula to Amathuba?
We will provide various support options for you to choose from for migrating your course from Vula to Amathuba. We will also be running a series of webinar and training sessions to help support your migration process and this will be accompanied by further guides and resources.